Kitchen Organization

by - November 18, 2017


I wish I would have taken a "Before & After" of my cupboards. Unfortunately I didn't, again. 

We had just the basic one board cupboards. Stuff would get buried behind each other, It was messy, hard to find things, & half the time I forgot about half the food that was "buried" behind a bunch of other food. On top of that, who wants to take everything out to find more stuff in the back?
Not me.

Finally I had a plan & made it a priority to make good use of our cupboards. Not just make more useable space in general, but I really wanted them to look put together & have a nice, organized & polished look.

Now I have beautiful pull-out drawers. No more wondering "whats back there?".
My ideas never come cheap, haha! My husband would be fine using just the food boxes from the store & or just cheap containers (no offense babe xo). But, of course the vision I usually have is not cheap & is normally more expensive than it would "need" to be. 
To me it's worth it. Because in the end I have a beautiful kitchen, even inside the cupboards & I am so happy with it. I don't ever have that feeling of 
"ugh, I wish I would have just paid a little more money for the containers" & or this or that. 
I am so happy with how it all turned out. Its perfect.
Plus- being a stay at home mom I am basically here 24/7.  So yes, I want the best I can have. 
It is where I spend 90% of my time, besides Nordstrom 😜.
I want the feeling of "I love being home. I love my house. This is my place & its beautiful."
 aaaanyways. 

I bought everything at the Container Store in Edina. 
I used the the brand oxo for al my food containers.
In all sizes.
Here is a set If you wanted to go that route. I just had to many things to fill & needed multiple of the same sizes, etc. But this is an option as well.

I used these for the cereal. Great price point.

I used these for the food scoops.

snacks are in this & this.

I used these for bread 
And these & these for chips.

Pull out drawers

This is not pictured. But I used these for inside my refrigerator. It helps keep produce fresh for longer & gives your fringe a cleaner look.



Here is the "snack side" if you will.
This is where the kids can grab snacks, any container that has popcorn, pretzels, chips, etc has a cute shovel in it for them to use so no hands ever need to be digging inside.

Of course I also needed to add that extra touch and label the containers. 
I took it a step further & labeled the pull out drawers, to say what this pull out drawer contains. 












Next side is my "Baking" side.  
Sugars, noodles, soups, etc.
Also this is where I store the kids lunch boxes. 






Hope you enjoyed this post, maybe it will give you some inspiration! 
Organizing my house 1 room at a time.
Let me know if you want to see more posts like this.


You May Also Like

0 comments