bye bye wisdom teeth

by - January 12, 2016

I was told at around the age of 18 that I needed to get my wisdom teeth pulled. At this point in time my wisdom teeth weren't even in, so I thought it was absolutely ridiculous that they wanted to cut out 3 of my teeth out that weren't causing any problems. Seems beyond stupid to me. So I obviously told them "no". 2 years later, I still said no, & year after year continued to say no. 
It has been almost 10 years. well, they were all in and it didn't seem like I had the room for them. I got a few different dentists to look at my x rays and when they all told me the same thing "get them out"  I decided I needed to just suck it up. This was probably one of the scariest things for me from getting put to sleep, waking up from getting put under, that the doctor would mess up, if I would die, if I would choke while I was asleep, If they would drop a tooth down my throat, and the list goes on.  

Anyways, I did it. As I type this I am SO HAPPY they are gone forever and I don't need to hear another "you need to get these wisdom teeth taken out" sentence.

I was so sick when I woke up after the surgery. Which sucked, horribly. 
Hubby thought I was hilarious waking up from the surgery, he even took a video of me, how thoughtful
*insert sarcasm here*. 

I didn't eat any food for the first week. I didn't know I was allowed to, I thought only liquid or soup.. They really didn't give me very "clear" instructions before I got put under and when I woke up, well I wasn't really clear mined to ask the right question. So I just didn't eat. I lost 7 lbs. I had a check up a week later & they were not happy that I hadn't been eating, but I blame them. They "forgot" to give me clear instructions. So, I went home, and ate all the food I wanted and enjoyed every bite!


I debated on weather to post my "after wisdom teeth video" on my blog, but considering Adam already posted it to facebook and within the day it had just about 800 views, I figured everyone who I would be embarrassed about seeing this video has already seen it. Also, I know how to laugh at myself (most the time). In this case, I laughed at myself.  So click play below if you want to watch me act ridiculous.





You May Also Like

5 comments

  1. I recently had to say good-bye to my wisdom took, and I am 50 years old. I did not expect the process to go so smoothly, part of the reason that I put it off for decades. If anyone is apprehensive to see the dentist, advances in the last few years have really changed the way this process is completed.

    Byron Kennedy @ A+ Family Dentistry

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing! It is good you got your wisdom teeth out because they can cause a lot of problems down the road. Though the surgery is not fun, a week of sickness is a small price to pay! Plus, it sounds like you recovered very quickly though! What medication were you on and did it help? Also, great video!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to hear your wisdom teeth are gone and you're eating again! I never missed food so much as I did when I couldn't eat. Anyway, I had to laugh when you got to the part about worrying about swallowing a tooth. Don't worry next time. They also set down a drape in surgery, so nothing falls in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wisdom teeth are no joke. If they are impacted, the process of removing them is much worse. I've been lucky, since I'm 49 years old and have never had a problem with my teeth, much less my wisdom teeth. Getting those removed at any age can be a painful process, not to mention your food choices are limited for a while.

    ReplyDelete