Kindergarten Graduation

by - June 03, 2017


My first born, Summer has Graduated Kindergarten. She made it through a whole year of school-
8:25am -3:00pm Monday - Friday.
🎓
Not going to lie, I was kinda a wreck the month leading up to her starting kindergarten. 
I had so many different feelings. 
She's been with me, everyday all day since the day she was born. Besides her preschool days which were just a couple hours throughout the week.
 This was a big change. I didn't know if she would like her new school, or if she would have fun. 
I was worried who her teacher would be & what kind of an impact / role she could would play in Summers life. I was worried about her safety, the world is a scary place & its scary putting your daughter in a building all day with people from every walk of life. I was worried about the friends Summer would make. If the school days would be to long for her, she wasn't used to this.
My mind worried & my thoughts went all over the place.

But through it all I prayed. I kept thinking of the verse Phil 4:6-7. 
I prayed for Summer to get the right teacher, a Godly teacher, with good morals, wisdom, patients & to have a kind, gentle heart. I prayed for the friends that Summer would make, the people she would meet. I prayed for her to be a leader & not a "follower". That she would be strong, & be kind to everyone. That she would stand up for good, & never be afraid to tell others about Jesus. That she would truly let her light shine. I prayed for safety, everyday, everywhere her feet led her, that she would be safe.

Phil 4:6-7

Well, She had a GREAT first year at school! 
She made friends everywhere she went & anytime I would visit the school I could tell that she had a very big impact on people, young & old. 
Everyone had the nicest things to say about her. She made so many friends & she truly loved going to school everyday. 
Her teacher was just the right teacher that I had prayed for . Summer adored her teacher, Mrs. Michaelson, & her teacher adored her. 
Summer was safe everyday. She let her light & her love for Jesus shine through & wasn't scared to tell people about it. 
It makes my heart so happy. 
Prayer works. God cares about our worries, & about us. 











A through-back
Me when I Graduated Kindergarten. 


NOW-

 ME-



You May Also Like

0 comments