Chevron Wall

by - August 09, 2015

The lovely chevron wall. I seriously love chevron. It is such a statement piece & is so beautiful when done the right way. I don't love chevron to the point where I have "chevron overload" you know, the rug, the pillows, the blanket, the WALL and so on and so forth. Then, you would just be obsessed (&  maybe a touch of crazy) .  I'm all about moderation and keeping it "classy" so to speak. Hehe.
So my hubby, Adam, got the dreaded text I know he was hoping to never see again. Oh, did I not mention this was the second wall in our house that we have done? (I painted over that wall a few months after doing it, in case your wondering, ONE chevron wall is all we need ;)) Ok back on point. Thankfully I have a husband who almost always goes along with my projects. I also think it helped that it has been months since I have even done a project. My children keep me busy enough. But I got the itch, and after the wall was finished, I now have TWO more projects lined up for the next couple days. I am all about making my house a home and making it as lovely as I possible can. I live here, I sleep here, I work here, and frankly I barely ever leave here. So, to me my house should be gorgeous and I should feel so happy and cozy and perfectly at peace in my house, along with my children and husband of course!
(& I should obviously love what I see when I look around at the place we call "home").


Here is the wall before

I wanted a "soft" black. If that makes sense. This picture is a perfect example of a "soft" black ;) I went with the one on the left.

Measuring. 

Getting to work, this was the hardest part. you need to measure the wall both directions. We then sketched it out on paper with how many lines should go "up and down" and then "across".
Chalk line, more measuring then we got to work taping. Not we in this step. The taping was all Adam! 


Painting, yay!



Done!

You May Also Like

0 comments