bitter - sweet

by - May 19, 2013

Well I was debating whether or not to delete my last post because as some of you may know I sadly had a miscarriage. I ultimately decided to just keep the post up because even though it is a sad thing to look back on, it was something that happened to us and we cant just "delete" that from our life. Also as the time we were obviously extremely excited & those pictures of Summer are just to cute to take down.  As hard and painful as it was to lose a baby at a few weeks along, I feel like it ultimately made my husband and I even stronger & closer as a couple, something that we got through together. This happening really makes me THAT MUCH MORE thankful for the sweet little girl we do have right now to love on. This is my blog, my life, somewhere where I can be completely truthful, open and honest. A place that I am me and I don't need to please anyone. I can speak my mind. This is the place I can write about my journeys, the good times and the bad -  the sad and the happy! Someday I will look back & enjoy reading about my life, & someday Summer will probably even read this herself.

I never thought it would be me, the one to have a miscarriage, but then again, who does?  Throughout this I have come to realize that this is something that sadly happens quite often. Something that a lot of couples go through. It's hard, & you cant quite figure out "WHY". But through it all I am so thankful for my relationship with Jesus. Without him, I wouldn't have the peace i do. I am so thankful that God has given me the peace I have asked him for and the hope and excitement of getting pregnant again and not to have fear about the "next" pregnancy. Even when we don't have the answers and I don't know why, we really don't need to know why, God knows. God knows it all when we can't even seem to kinda understand. I can't keep wondering WHY, I can't keep wondering HOW I just let go, and let God. Giving it all to him I have come to such a peace and a joy and a happiness about trying again.

This past weekend was obviously a bitter-sweet one for me. If I never quite knew the true meaning of "bitter-sweet" I now know. It was such a fun mothers day though. Summer is so sweet and she was so, so excited to give me my mothers day card and my "I love mom" coffee mug!
 (I have been wanting a "mom" coffee mug for almost 3 years now, its about time adam ;)...

The husby took me "mothers day shopping" cause he knew I had had my eyes on a pair of boots for, ohhh, some time now. I was pretty darn giddy to hear that I was going to get those boots, and we were off to the mall to try em on and get them, yippy!

I got the Frye Veronica Short boot!
 I already have one pair of frye boots and I absolutely love them, they are comfy and they hold up really well, so I thought It was maybe time to get another in a totally different style :)..I am in love with them.

The rest of the week was spent doing family stuff. We also went to the Farmers Market in Minneapolis (I have never been to a farmers market and I was pretty excited!) Adam bought me these BEAUTIFUL tulips and I also got Peonies! my 2 favorite flowers, they are just beautiful!! Thanks Hubby!
You are just to good to me, I love you!




So thankful for my wonderful Mom who has always, always been there for me. Love you so much Mom! 






Sad, I guess we didn't take any family photos of the 3 of us..Oh well next year ;)

You May Also Like

0 comments