Entryway

by - February 17, 2017




I was wanting to do this for about 2 years now.. But we used to have carpet in this room,  so I needed to wait until it was hardwood.
We love how it turned out. I still need to find the perfect baskets for the top 3 empty spaces. 
But besides that minor detail it's perfect. I feel like this space was made for an entryway just like this. 
I am so thankful for my hubby who is able to make my "DIY dreams" become a reality. Total props to him.
Here are some photos, start to finish. At the end of this post I'll tell you how you too can make one of these! 









The base is the Hemnes TV Unit, and the top is the  Hemnes Wall/bridging Shelf. We also added some crown molding on the top to match our kitchen cabinets. 

In between those 2 main pieces we just got some select pine from the Home Depot. We got  1x4 & 1x3. You frame it with 1x4 and then fill that spot in with 1x3, separating columns.
Paint it all white, & add hooks.
We added corbels  from the Home Depot to give it more of a polished look, they just need 2 coats of paint. The hooks are also from home depot.

Little things we did once it was finished. We had someone come and do crown molding
(who already needed to finish a couple other pieces at the house from our house project. so we just added this) It made it look so polished & more custom, which I love!

Also I always wanted a "charging station" to plug in ipads, Summers GIZMO, fitbit, leap pad, etc.. So I had Adam drill a hole in the middle drawer with these  and then we got a power strip to secure to the drawer. voilia, PERFECT!





You May Also Like

0 comments