stop & smell the Flowers

by - April 24, 2017

Last night before Adam headed off to softball, we took a short walk. We didn't get very far, because the girls quickly discovered dandelions all over the grass as we turned the corner.
Our walk quickly became a, lets stand here & watch the girls pick flowers instead.
Which I am totally fine with. Sometimes we need to stop, & smell the flowers. Yes, I realize these are actually weeds, don't worry.

When it was time to go back home, Summer comes up to me & hands me all the dandelions she had picked & says,
"here mommy! I picked these just for you".
How sweet is her little heart?! I don't even care that they are "weeds". They went straight home & into a cup of water. Ok, Well, thats what I intended to do, but we were super busy & heading out the door, so they got left on the counter & when we returned they were dead. Shoot. Fail. 

This post is to remind you to stop & smell the flowers, even if the flowers are weeds, because those "weeds" became flowers to us that night. Its the little things. 




Photo above is a perfect analogy of our life.
Summer, picking flowers & thinking to give them to me.
London in lala land, picking her nose for gold.
Image result for sisters who are different quote

You May Also Like

0 comments