just a little mom thoughts...

by - July 16, 2018


London - the more I watch you grow, the more I pray for patience. The more I pray for patience, the more I realize, I think, your kinda, just like me. 


I remember being little, & my mom Pastor Vicki Braucht would always tell me “Tarah, do not touch that, it’s hot!” I always remember it being a cookie sheet out of the oven, or a pot on the stove... well guess what? My mom would turn her back for 1second, I would see her turn, & I would immediately touch that cookie sheet as fast as I could without getting burnt. EVERY TIME. Well what do ya know, London does the same thing. Y.I.P.P.Y.- we were in Costco yesterday. I was picking up one of the rotisserie chickens, that always sits on the hot metal that says “Caution! Hot!” ... While I’m getting a bag to put the chicken in, I tell London “ Do not touch that London, it’s hot! DO NOT touch it.” I turn to get a bag, keeping my eye on her, because let’s be real, I know she’s just like me… And what does she do? Yep. she touches it. I go to scold her & I hear a little voice saying “ & who does this little cutie remind YOU of?” 

Isn’t that funny, that a distinct memory that you have of yourself as a child… Your own child also does? 

To this day, Adam gets freaked out when I pick things up straight from a cookie sheet, or right out of the toaster, without flinching or getting burnt. I guess it’s a cool trait to have. *wink*

I have two “mini me’s” one is a perfect little angel who wants to always follow rules. One is a complete rule pusher.  

Me.... well, I of course am both........


You May Also Like

0 comments