DIY bed rail

by - March 21, 2017




Well, I guess the time has come for miss L to move out of her crib.
London & I took down her crib together today. She was excited to be moving to a "big girl" bed.
Lets hope tonight goes smoothly & she is still just as excited about this new bed arrangement.
I have the crib in the basement, so if she is freaking out, I guess ill have to put it back together.
But I am hoping its "out of sight out of mind".




So I bought one of those mesh bedrails that you see at everywhere. But took it back the same day.
Not my style, totally ruins the look of their cute room, & it feels super flimsy AND it was so short!
fail, fail, fail & fail.
I love the Pottery Barn kids wooden bedrails. But for $125 bucks, no thanks.
I decided to make my own.
 I took some paint swatches home & matched up the white wood color of the girls bunk bed the best I could.
We measured how long we wanted the bedrail to be & got the pieces of wood we needed.
Then Adam rounded off the wood edges just slightly so that there wouldn't be and sharp corners. Turned out awesome!
I got to work the next day painting them while Adam was at work.
I did about 3 coats all around.

After I painted them London & I took down her crib (impromptu).
I was actually planning to keep it up for a week, just to make sure the transition went smoothly.
But, I tend to be impatient, & really wanted this crib out of here.
So like I said before "out of sight, out of mind"...I hope.






You May Also Like

0 comments